The Entrepreneurship website OnStartups.com recently published an article about some of the harsh realities and misconceptions about starting your own business. Read the list below and follow this link to the article for more insight.
1. Your First Iteration of an Idea Will Be Wrong
2.Your Friends And Family Won't Understand What You Do
3. You Will Make Less Than Normal Wages For A While
4. Everything Takes Twice As Long...If It Even Happens
5. Titles Mean Nothing. You Will Be a Janitor
6. There Is No Silver Bullet
7. Customers Will Frustrate You
8. You Can't Do It All Yourself
9. There Is No Such Thing As An Overnight Success
10. Building A Team Is Hard
11. There Are Forces Outside Your Control
Also, don't forget about the GLCEDC partnership with SCORE to provide business advising to Livingston County small business owners and entrepreneurs. Visit the GLCEDC website for more information and contact our office to set up a business advising appointment.